To Think About . . .

Success is the product of daily habits, not once-in-a-lifetime transformations. James Clear

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > pssst....Mark...an assist is needed! (re:Goals Setting thread)

Hi Mark
For some reason the tome like Goals Setting thread is permanently buried down the queque ....not rising to it's proper position. Could it be that it's to heavy to rise to the top? ROTFL
Thank you in advance
learning as I go
p.s.
If it doesn't take it's proper place in the queque, I won't remember to read it........You and Mike are on a delicious roll....I don't want to miss that banter!
June 19, 2009 at 15:29 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
Learning,

I expect that our last posts just broke the whole thing ;-)

It is probably time to SPLIT the thread, and possibly rename it. I'm not sure it is much about goal setting any longer. ;-)
June 19, 2009 at 15:30 | Unregistered CommenterMike
Hi Mike
That might be the way to go. When considering a new title, please ensure that it prompts the current "flavor" you and Mark are engaged in. You two are HOT! I'm loving it!
learning as I go
June 19, 2009 at 15:33 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
BTW, I think we may have broken the whole thing!!! Scanning through the thread last posting times I see that many are out of order. I always said I could break any software ... I used to love my occasional stints in QA! ROTF ;-)
June 19, 2009 at 15:33 | Unregistered CommenterMike
Mike:

Sorry, my fault. I temporarily re-arranged the Forum to date of the first post in a thread because I was looking for a particular post of mine which I just cannot find.
June 19, 2009 at 15:35 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
p.s.
Please include the URL to the last one as well in the opening post body. This is just too rich to get buried prematurely! You two are symbiotically bouncing off each other like an eco system. It's magic!
learning as I go
June 19, 2009 at 15:37 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
Hi Spammer....errrr....Mark! LOL!
I'm chipping 5 minutes at a time, so I'll be here quite a bit. Give us some clue to your post. We might be able to help you find it........Now where's my Sherlock hat and trenchcoat?
learning as I go
June 19, 2009 at 15:40 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
p.s.s.
Sorry, Mark....but I can't resist this opportunity.........................Please consider getting a google search on your website! *blush* The current one is rather feeble in comparison.
learning as I go
June 19, 2009 at 15:42 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
Learning:

You can do a Google search on my website simply by entering site:markforster net plus whatever it is you're searching for, but frankly I don't think you'll find it any better for finding things. There's 12,113 comments in this Forum - most on very much the same sort of subject. So unless there's some really outstanding phrase you can remember, it's going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack whatever search engine you use.

As for which post I was looking for, I have been trying to find the original post in which I discussed splitting the page to accommodate both work and home items.
June 19, 2009 at 15:46 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Hi Mark
In case you missed the new thread I created to give you the result.....

Is this the one, Mark?
http://www.markforster.net/forum/post/623946
learning as I go

p.s.
It's down the page a bit......January 8, 2009 at 15:05 | Mark Forster
June 19, 2009 at 16:23 | learning as I go
June 19, 2009 at 16:25 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
Mark, I believe this is the post

http://www.markforster.net/forum/post/626353
June 19, 2009 at 19:05 | Unregistered CommenterSeraphim
Hi Seraphim
It is the post I originally found.by Mark ....as confirmed by the author, Jon...of the post you cite. Mark's post INSPIRED Jon's tweak.
respectfully,
learning as I go
June 19, 2009 at 19:35 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
Hi Seraphim
(Note the earlier date on Mark's signature.)

Since it seems to be a concern for many people, I've been thinking further about this question. It's a difficult one for me because I only have one location (unless I'm travelling in which case I would write out a special list).

It occurs to me that it would be possible to split a page in half, with the top half Work and the bottom Home (or whatever). For entry purposes the two halves are quite separate, but when you are passing through the page you look at both halves in the one pass.

For dismissal purposes they are once again treated as two separate pages.

Anyone like to try this out and report back?

PS. The two halves of the page wouldn't need to be exactly half the page, e.g. if you generally have twice as many work items as home items.

January 8, 2009 at 15:05 | Mark Forster

Jon simply tweaked this idea to better fit his needs........or.......perhaps....he thought of it without reference to the earlier post...........both are possible!.
learning as I go
June 19, 2009 at 19:39 | Unregistered Commenterlearning as I go
Learning:

Yes, that's the post. Thanks for finding it. I knew I had suggested something of the sort, but couldn't quite remember what. And I didn't find Jon's original post either.

So you are correct. I suggested splitting the page and Jon suggested writing from the bottom and top simultaneously.
June 19, 2009 at 23:21 | Registered CommenterMark Forster