To Think About . . .

Success is the product of daily habits, not once-in-a-lifetime transformations. James Clear

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Autofocus... a genius before his/her time

Mark - you should find a way to jump on this bandwagon (multitasking to singletasking). AF has a built-in structure to promote this behavior:
http://lifehacker.com/5297183/singletasking-is-the-new-multitasking
http://webworkerdaily.com/2009/06/19/singletasking-the-next-trend-in-web-working/
June 20, 2009 at 4:21 | Unregistered CommenterAvrum
Avrum:

Actually I'm not sure I agree with single-tasking v. multi-tasking. AF goes for a "little and often" approach, which is not quite the same as either of them.
June 20, 2009 at 7:50 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
The soul of your system "work on xxxxxxx for as long as you want to" helps me singletask, without getting anxious about not getting to do other things. And the intuitive part of AF, both in how we choose a task, and how long to stay on it, would support some of what those articles are proposing. Or am I missing something?
June 20, 2009 at 15:15 | Unregistered CommenterAvrum
I think you're both right Avrum - Christine and I discussed this a couple of months ago - that following AF really does eliminate multi-tasking, yet facilitates touching on lots of things throughout the day. It has all the benefits of both focusing and multi-tasking combined.
June 20, 2009 at 15:36 | Unregistered CommenterJacqueline
Avrum:

Unless I've misunderstood the articles (I skimmed them rather than read them) they are advocating working on a task until it's finished. AF may have similar effects but it's not the same. In fact as Jacqueline says it has the benefits of both, and hopefully none of the drawbacks.
June 20, 2009 at 19:09 | Registered CommenterMark Forster