To Think About . . .

Success is the product of daily habits, not once-in-a-lifetime transformations. James Clear

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Where do I start?

I went on this site looking for help in both routine things and other areas that come up as the time goes along. I have read a lot of the posts and although AF gets lots of positive endorsement there seems to be people who feel Mark Forster's other books are good/better for some things. I have lots of discretionary time which is not good for me as I can easily resist the routine items and procrastinate on the other items. Any ideas for me?
June 21, 2009 at 19:12 | Unregistered CommenterTJ
I'd try AF and see if it works for you. It didn't work 100% for me but I gained some practical ideas that I use eg you can start a task on your list and stop when you like, then cross it off and re-enter it. It is liberating to do that and I get a sense of achievement. Now to the next person that might be a useless tip - they'll pick up something different from AF or even find its the system for them.
June 21, 2009 at 21:49 | Unregistered CommenterMan of Kent
I'd say AF if lots of discretionary time, DIT if more structure needed, just a personal opinion.
June 22, 2009 at 6:56 | Unregistered CommenterTK
TJ, I've found sometimes that the more discretionary time I have, the harder it is to get anything done. Like those weekends where you don't really do anything at all and wonder where the weekend went. I have found scheduling things to do works the best for this and then fitting AF in where you have unscheduled time.

If you have lots of discretionary time, I doubt a system like DIT would work because if you have discretionary time, you're not dealing with inputs outside of you or reacting - you have to be more proactive as you're self-generating your work/leisure.

June 22, 2009 at 14:26 | Unregistered CommenterJacqueline
Jacqueline, sound advide. I agree.
June 22, 2009 at 17:25 | Unregistered CommenterSilvia
As a newbie solopreneur - I have a lot to do, but a lot of time to do it in. AF is a great system for this type of predicament. At the end of the day, you still need to crack open your list. Something I struggle with on a daily basis. But once I get going, the system respects the time, energy and motivation I have to do stuff.
June 22, 2009 at 17:57 | Unregistered CommenterAvrum