My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Newsletter Mailing List
To Think About . . .
To enter life we all need a fearful challenge, something hard to do. Edward Pearson Pressey
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Latest Comments
Log-in

Discussion Forum > Dreams checklist

Hi,

I read Mark's Dreams book a few years ago, and following it was instrumental in making some very large, successful, decisions. I'd like to implement it's methodology back into my workflow but do not want to reread the book again (It is a fascinatingly written book, but I don't have the time to reread it currently).

So, can folks help out in making a checklist of Dreams activities for me to incorporate? Here's what I think I remember so far:

Every AM until it is in place: Future Vision
Every PM until it equals the Future Vision describe current reality
Every PM: Make What's better list
On a regular basis (weekly perhaps) dialog with future self.
Throughout the day: Create tasks/actions that pull me towards my future vision

Does this seem right? What is missing?
February 25, 2014 at 18:06 | Unregistered CommenterVegheadjones
The book is downloadable : http://markforster.squarespace.com/blog/2011/6/2/how-to-make-your-dreams-come-true.html

I would elaborate Mark's suggestions slightly:

1. Minimise diffusion of attention by getting focused on NOW, using the current situation. You might use Eckhart Tolle's teachings (or others) to increase this sense of being present.

(Expanding awareness of the here and now focuses your consciousness into the actual present reality, rather than diffusing it across random moments)

2 Maintain awareness of the NOW while envisioning what you prefer. This begins assembly of thoughts which enable noticing moments and occassions and incidents that would fit what you prefer

3 Merge your visualized situation with present reality by intending and believing that what you visualized IS actual present reality.

Use the feeling of full consciousness and awareness of the present reality empowers the visualized reality. They thus become bound together, and synchronicities arise to facilitate their merging. Having a written version of all of the above helps focus. It also angages muscles and brain in a more immediate way.

Some caveats...

i) wishful thinking isn't enough, it lacks focus and determination
ii) you need to affirm your belief in the vision by acting "as if" it were already so, as best you can. to do otherwise radiates doubt and disbelief, missing opportunities
iii) don't try and use it to manipulate others, respect free will
iv) be aware of whether it is a purely self-serving vision or if it helps the world
v) if you are a person of faith, why not put in a request for assistance with it?
February 26, 2014 at 10:08 | Unregistered Commentermichael
If it helps, you don't have to re-read the whole book. At the end of the book Mark added an action plan to implement the suggestions in the book.
February 26, 2014 at 10:27 | Unregistered CommenterMatt Gregory
Stage One — Implementation
• Start a daily ‘What’s Better?’ list as described in From problem solving to growth, page 14.
• Work through the exercises in The Goal Achievement Method, page 30.
• Practise the methods on a variety of very short-term goals.
• Use the Self-coaching techniques on pages 70–1 to start a daily self-coaching dialogue.
• Write a long-term vision (three to five years) for yourself using the exercises in The future on page 80. Work on it daily at first, then less often once you feel it has ‘taken’.

Stage Two – Consolidation
Continue in a pattern along these lines:
Daily
• Write up your ‘What’s Better?’ list every evening and/or keep a running list throughout the day.
• Write a self-coaching dialogue, preferably first thing.
• As required, work on short-term goals.
Weekly
• Revise your long-term (three to five year) vision and update its Present Reality.

Stage Three – Development
Be prepared to allow the self-coaching process to develop new methods that suit you better (see Role play – Janet, page 58). Don’t worry if this never happens!
Be prepared for a deeper vision of yourself to emerge, which you can use in place of or in addition to your three to five-year vision. Don’t force this – allow it to happen in its own time.
February 26, 2014 at 11:57 | Unregistered Commentermichael
Perfect Michael and Gregory, thank you.
February 26, 2014 at 15:12 | Unregistered CommenterVegheadjones
I really enjoyed reading Dreams and discovering that side of Mark's thinking.
February 26, 2014 at 15:25 | Registered Commenteravrum
@Vegheadjones: a tweak that worked well for me was to have a fantasy AF list (as well as the current reality AF list) aligned to my future vision. It made the vision more believable, building confidence in achievability. I could also then see more clearly which beliefs in myself would need to be replaced if I was to be the personality that would generate the future vision.
March 13, 2014 at 18:23 | Unregistered Commentermichael
With a new year looming I am revising my vision and dreams so rather cheekily thought I would bring the "Dreams" book and tools back to readers attention.
December 28, 2016 at 10:09 | Unregistered Commentermichael
<<thought I would bring the "Dreams" book and tools back to readers attention>>

Are you rereading/reimplementing, Michael?
December 28, 2016 at 12:48 | Registered Commenteravrum