My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

To Think About . . .
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. Denzel Washington
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Search This Site
Log-in

Discussion Forum > URL Shortener Problem on MarkForster.net

Is anyone else getting this "Destination unknown" from markforster.net when clicking on links in emails you subscribed to this blog?

For example, this link http://markforster.net/forum/post/2722051 gives "Destination unknown" error. When I manually change it to http://markforster.squarespace.com/forum/post/2722051 that gets me to the right place on this blog.

Screenshots here: http://photos.app.goo.gl/WTYtUfY2SH6cggKbA
October 9, 2018 at 3:22 | Registered Commentersabre23t
BTW, there is also a "reCAPTCHA" problem. I couldn't post here while not logged in. Could only do it after I logged in.
October 9, 2018 at 3:24 | Registered Commentersabre23t
I get similar errors when following links from RSS feed readers like Feedly.
October 9, 2018 at 5:12 | Registered CommenterSeraphim
I think all these errors are caused by the fact that I'm using an old version of SquareSpace which is no longer fully supported. But I don't intend to expend the effort which would be required to update it to a current version - so I'm afraid you are going to have to put up with it!

The Captcha by the way is turned off, so you shouldn't still be seeing it. I think you will find you can just click through it without entering anything.
October 9, 2018 at 18:30 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
I don't get it unless I try create a post with a URL. Then it gives me a captcha.
October 9, 2018 at 22:07 | Unregistered Commenterjames220
james220:

That's interesting and would explain why the amount of spam that gets through is very low.

If you just click on it without trying to fill in the Captcha details it should take you through.
October 11, 2018 at 16:04 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Thank you for turning off the Captcha. Now I can post again!
October 11, 2018 at 20:00 | Unregistered Commentervegheadjones
vegheadjones:

The Captcha's been turned off for well over a year now.
October 11, 2018 at 22:47 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
I use Feedly, too. My work-around is to go to the main page, then look on the lower right for Latest Comments. It works unless there are more than 10 I haven't seen.

Has anyone found an RSS feed for the forums?
October 16, 2018 at 16:46 | Registered CommenterCricket
The link problem is also on the page that lists all of Mark’s systems, menu item TM systems. Too bad, that is a good place to look up any system referred to in the conversations. Seems like Squarespace would continue to support links on the site, regardless of the version.
October 17, 2018 at 14:19 | Unregistered CommenterErin
It is just with the words, full urls at the bottom work.
October 17, 2018 at 14:22 | Unregistered CommenterErin