To Think About . . .

Success is the product of daily habits, not once-in-a-lifetime transformations. James Clear

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > Mini Habits

I came across a book recently called Mini Habits. I did a search and I think this book has been mentioned only once on these forums. The main thrust of the book seems to gel well with Mark's writings, namely little and often.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00HGKNBDK/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

There seems to be a number of other authors that have trumpeted the idea of small habits, such as James Clear in Atomic Habits or Piotr Wozniak with his micro-rules of productivity.

http://supermemo.guru/wiki/Micro-rules_of_productivity
May 28, 2022 at 8:00 | Unregistered CommenterCharles
There seems to be a new book every year on the value of small habits. While some might claim that this is just repeating the old stuff, I think that the fact that so many people are arriving at this solution indicates its worth and value. Along with James Clear and Wozniak that you mention, you can also include the "Power of Habit" author and Mauer's "Kaizen" books as other "micro habit" books.
May 29, 2022 at 5:44 | Registered CommenterAaron Hsu
Stephen Guise wrote a follow-up book called Elastic Habits, where basically every day you score your chosen habits from 1-3, where 1 is the mini-habit level and 2/3 require more effort (you define and calibrate what is required to earn each level).

I liked the system enough to use it for more than two years now.
May 29, 2022 at 14:38 | Unregistered CommenterVirix
Currently reading Elastic Habits and it is an engaging read.

I like that you can adjust your habits effort level based on your current situation to avoid "zero days"
June 3, 2022 at 5:32 | Unregistered CommenterChino