Here’s a list of my favourite time management helps:
- Moleskine Notebook. I much prefer using pen and paper for time management lists, and it’s important to me how the notebook feels. The standard Moleskine ruled notebook with 31 lines to a page is just the right size and durable enough to be carried around with me. I like the paper quality too.
- Papermate Comfortmate Ball Pen. The most comfortable, reliable and indestructible of cheapo pens, and of many a lot more expensive too.
- Time Timer. I use this visual countdown timer all the time for seeing how long I’ve got before I’ve got to do something. It’s also great for keeping track of the time during presentations, and for showing a group of people how long they’ve got for a task.
- Kitchen Timer. When a visual timer isn’t appropriate I use an ordinary electronic kitchen timer.
- Lever Arch Files. I find these the most useful form of filing. They also have the advantage that they will stand upright on a shelf. Unfortunately they don’t seem to be easily come by in the States.
- NEO Email Organizer. I don’t think I could survive without this program, which makes it possible to handle easily even vast quantities of email. I’ve been using this for years, and have found it invaluable. It only works with MS Outlook though.
(Please note that in the above list where the link goes to a supplier other than the manufacturer, it is given for illustrative purposes. I’m recommending the product, not the distributor!)
What are you favourite time management helps? Please answer in the comments.