Since last reporting on progress with the Final Version on Monday, I’ve made a few minor changes to the system to fine-tune the balance.
The result of my latest test is a bit different from what I was originally expecting. I had been talking in earlier posts about this being a universal capture system which would filter out the dross and focus on what was really important. The implication being that quite a lot of the tasks entered wouldn’t get done.
But what is happening at the moment is that it’s all getting done. And not just done, but done fast. In fact so fast that I’m almost taken aback at the speed at which everything is happening.
No doubt I could put enough work into the system to break it if I tried. But it’s keeping pace at the moment quite happily with the speed at which new work arrives on my desk (or in my mind) without the need for any filtering or auditing.