I’ve now taken action on 130 tasks over two days, making a daily average of 65 tasks.
There are 51 unactioned tasks on my list, which means that the number of days’ work left in the system is 0.78 days - a slight increase over yesterday.
The oldest task on the list dates from today.
The average number of tasks actioned per day has increased from 61 yesterday to 65 today, but the number of days’ work remaining has also increased from 0.64 to 0.78 days. So although I did more tasks than yesterday, I added more tasks than I did.
Every one of the 100 tasks put on the list yesterday has now been actioned.
Now before anyone gets too excited about this, please note that I was achieving even higher speeds with AutoFocus when I first started with it. See http://www.markforster.net/blog/2008/12/19/future-developments-update-no-1.html
What eventually happened with AutoFocus was that the list gradually got longer and longer and as a result it took longer and longer for me to action the tasks which I was resisting the most. In other words there was a high speed of actioning easy stuff and a much slower speed of actioning the difficult stuff.
Another result of the list getting longer was that urgent tasks had to be dealt with outside the system.
For various reasons I don’t think this is going to happen with the Final Version. There certainly won’t be a problem with urgent tasks - that’s fully covered. It’s also much less easy for difficult tasks to languish. But what I do need to verify is whether the size of the list is going to stabilize at a reasonably small size. My earlier experience of testing the system encourages me to think that it may.