Here’s some more characteristics of the Final Version which I wrote down more or less at random while working the system today:
- The system is self-regulating in that it adjusts the amount of work in the system to the amount of time available to do it.
- There is a built in check on the number of urgent tasks.
- It quickly removes projects which are going nowhere from the system.
- Only active stuff remains in the system.
- There is one very clear condition about when tasks that have been removed from the system can be re-entered.
- The number of daily recurring tasks is kept under control.
All these things happen naturally in response to your rate of work, psychological readiness and time available. There are no imposed quotas or limits.