Over the last week or so I’ve been using Nudgemail to great effect. I think there are others like it, though I haven’t tried any of them yet. It works particularly well at providing the reminders for a “no-list” system, though you could use it with any system.
Here are a few of the things you can do with it:
- Getting emails out of your in-box which you can’t action at present
- Follow-up action of any type (e.g. has John replied to this email yet?)
- Sending yourself a reminder on any date in the future (e.g. Buy B’s birthday present)
- Sending yourself regular reminders (e.g. put the recycling out today)
- Snoozing emails you don’t want to deal with now
- Integrating your to-do list into your email in-box
- Chasing yourself to take action (e.g. have you replied to Darren yet?)
- Bringing forward earlier posts (e.g. Here’s last week’s stats - update them for this week)
- Acting as a reminder system for Evernote, rather more efficiently than Evernote itself.
- Letters to your future self
The one thing it doesn’t do at the moment is forward attachments to emails, though this is promised for the future.
Definitely worth trying out, especially as it’s entirely free. If you are impressed by it you can show your gratitude by signing on as a sponsor for a monthly amount set by you.