I have often noticed how much the things I pay attention to before going to bed at night affect what I do when I get up in the morning. In fact it could almost be said that what sort of day I am going to have today was decided yesterday evening - and I don’t just mean when one wakes up with a hang-over!
Here are some of the things you can do in the late evening to increase your chances of having a productive day tomorrow.
- Look back over the list of what you did today. Is it the way you would have liked it to be? If not, what would have made it better?
- Ask yourself what do I want to have done by this time tomorrow?
- If you don’t have a fixed time for getting out of bed in the morning, decide what time you are going to get up
- Think through any special circumstances (meetings, visits, etc) you have, especially early in the day.
- Run through in your mind what you are going to do first thing.