To Think About . . .

The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake. Meister Eckhart

My Latest Book

Product Details

Also available on Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, and other Amazons and bookshops worldwide! 

Search This Site
Log-in
Latest Comments
My Other Books

Product Details

Product Details

Product Details

The Pathway to Awesomeness

Click to order other recommended books.

Find Us on Facebook Badge

Discussion Forum > SuperFocus - Forthcoming 3rd Revision

I understand Jupiter's post that he puts the tasks that have now become urgent on the current page's C2, not the next one. The current page being the one which he stopped on the day before and is going to continue working on right after the whole-list scan.
February 19, 2011 at 16:52 | Registered CommenterAlex W.
Alex W:

That's my understanding too, and in doing so he is obeying the rules. Urgent tasks go on the current page, while unfinished tasks go on the next page.
February 19, 2011 at 17:42 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
Makes sense. Otherwise you'd have to complete every task before leaving a page, which would make it kind of hard to get through the list.
February 20, 2011 at 11:25 | Registered CommenterWill
Alex
"I understand Jupiter's post that he puts the tasks that have now become urgent on the current page's C2, not the next one. The current page being the one which he stopped on the day before and is going to continue working on right after the whole-list scan" Yes this is exactly what I do.

MF
"That's my understanding too, and in doing so he is obeying the rules. Urgent tasks go on the current page, while unfinished tasks go on the next page." yes the rules are perfect for me. Sometime I am un able to do all my urgent tasks but now I know why and I know what to do.
February 20, 2011 at 18:52 | Registered CommenterJupiter
@Mark:

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but that sentence after ' . . obeying the rules.' is really important.

How about:'Urgent tasks go into C2 on the current page, while unfinished tasks from C1 {on the current page} go into C2 on the next page.'?
February 20, 2011 at 22:44 | Registered CommenterRoger J
Roger J:

<< Urgent tasks go into C2 on the current page, while unfinished tasks from C1 {on the current page} go into C2 on the next page. >>

That's not quite correct. It should read:

"Urgent tasks go into C2 on the current page, while unfinished tasks from C1 or C2 {on the current page} go into C2 on the next page.
February 21, 2011 at 3:13 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
>>Si je veux liser Le Monde, c'est pas façile pour moi. Mais tes mots ici sont très clair!

For the rest (and to be sure I understand correctly), I think essentially you say:
Sometimes you like to read through the whole list looking for things you need to do soon, because you might have forgotten about them. If you find some you Rewrite those on the next C2 as urgent. This gives you confidence to proceed more easily in working the current page.<<

I like that idea too - especially in crazy times like at the moment where I'm spending one day at one place of employ and not getting much done, and the next at another place ditto for getting things done, and may not even look at the list at all for 2 or more days. The earthquake down south hasn't helped with relatives down there I still haven't heard from. On the bright side, when I do get a minute or so, I know that I can catch some focus just by turning to the list to see what needs doing.
February 22, 2011 at 19:46 | Registered Commenterwairererose
After two weeks I'm still having GREAT results with SFv3. Almost too great... I get annoyed that I have to keep working on things I'd rather let slide but not enough to dismiss or delete them! (*shakes fist at Mark*) I think I do need to sit down with the list this morning and calendar some items for the end of next week - between today and next Tuesday I'm pretty much in putting-out-fires mode so I want to keep the list down to just things that really are mission-critical - other things can get "worked on" in the form of putting a reminder on my calendar for when I will be able to get back to them.

Stats as of this morning... the "SFv3 2 week update" entry appeared on my last page.
Open pages: 6
Completed or dismissed pages: 8 (I'm not differentiating these on a page level - dismissed tasks get moved into their own Toodledo folder and then I archive the page folder.)

Individual Page Stats (total column 1 entries is always 25): (open in column 1 / total in column 2 / open in column 2)
Page 9: 4/3/1
Page 10: 1/1/0
Page 11: 5/6/0
Page 12: 7/10/2
Page 13: 21/3/0
Page 14: (last page): 13/2/0 (tasks added in the course of writing this update: 4)
February 23, 2011 at 15:30 | Registered CommenterSarah
Sarah:

<< I get annoyed that I have to keep working on things I'd rather let slide but not enough to dismiss or delete them! >>

Just think how great it'll feel when you've finished them!
February 23, 2011 at 16:14 | Registered CommenterMark Forster
My stats: I currently have pages named E,H,I,J,K. ABCD were pre-SF, and the others I just did everything on them. Never yet had an occasion to dismiss anything.
February 23, 2011 at 16:25 | Registered CommenterAlan Baljeu
"Just think how great it'll feel when you've finished them!"

Oh, I love getting them done... I just feel like the list is forcing my hand. Which I realize is the whole point.
February 24, 2011 at 18:14 | Registered CommenterSarah