For millenia the best minds in the world have been searching for the perfect time management system. Finally, after twenty years of thinking about little else (or at least that’s how it felt), I have at last managed to invent it.
I hope this will be an incalculable boon to humankind. Imagine, no more frustration at not being able to trust yourself to achieve what you want. Imagine, always being able to decide to do something and know that you will do it. Imagine, being able to unfailingly steer the optimum path through all the clashing priorities of daily life.
The system is very simple. Once you know it you will be hard pressed to think why it would take one person five minutes to think up, let alone twenty years. Yet, as far as I know no one else has ever thought of it before.
Here are a few characteristics of the system:
- It’s a “universal capture” system, i.e. you can enter any task or project without any pre-editing or prioritizing.
- It’s equally suitable for pen and paper or electronic means.
- It can deal with any size list, from the smallest to the largest.
- No matter what order the tasks are written in, it will always give you the optimum path through them.
- It has no problem with urgent tasks.
- It encourages “little and often”.
- You can attend meetings and write down tasks and queries straight into the list.
- Resistance becomes a thing of the past.
- You can enter provisional tasks, i.e. ones you haven’t decided definitely whether to do them or not.
- You can brainstorm straight onto the list
- It requires no randomizers or other equipment.
- and so on.
I’ll be writing more about this in a week or so’s time.