It’s been a long time since I last reported on my book challenge - and that’s because it’s been a disaster. I haven’t made any progress on any book since.
I’ve just changed tack again, starting yesterday. My new method is this:
- Read for a timed half hour twice a day.
- I may only read from one book during the half-hour.
- The exception is if I finish the book, in which case I can read another for the balance of the time.
- The half hours do not have to be the same book each time.
- There is no limit on the number of books I can be reading using this method.
- They must however be books, i.e. not blog posts, magazine articles, newspapers, etc.
To borrow a metaphor from the world of running, I am now seeing how far I can run in half an hour rather than seeing how long it takes to cover a certain distance. I’ve adopted that for my running practice as well - with one session of an hour. (4.63 miles today since you ask!)